Main body all pinned up and receiving adjustments.
I didn't really expect to do this post, especially after going through the trouble of adding two additional progress updates to 7a, but I'm going for it mostly because the internet is full of those obnoxious naysayers.
You know the ones. They call you a fake or liar when there's nothing to see every 15 minutes. The "pics or it didn't happen" crowd.
This took way longer than it should have, and for a reason that played a part in me deciding to write this.
God damn I am tired... You know what sucks? Caffeine doesn't really work on me. 5 Hour Energy? More like 5 Hour Nope. Stuff tastes like crap and didn't do a damn thing. Total waste of money.
I recently ramped up my regular caffeine dosage to double. (I was drinking energy drinks with 30mg of caffeine, and I switched it up to one with 60mg of caffeine.) Nothing. I'll admit it does take the edge off a tiny bit, but it doesn't seem to have the effect on me that coffee seems to have on a lot of people.
Anyway, rant-tangent over, I wanted to issue a warning to anyone who might be following along with my little project. The pieces I cut out were shown to have a 3/8ths inch seam allowance. I suck ass at sewing seems, so I decided I'd go up a full size, that way I'd get larger pieces and have around an inch of seam allowance. This is something my Basic Fiber Arts teacher taught me: "Always cut more than you think you'll need". I usually give my self a half inch of seam allowance just in case something goes really wrong.
Well, despite cutting my suit a size larger than I was instructed to, it's still too small.
I almost couldn't pin the major seams.
Frankly, this pattern is retarded. It had me cut the pieces into 4, meaning there's going to be a big, stupid seam running up the front. If it weren't for that, I likely wouldn't have had the issue, and it wouldn't have taken as long to solve it. I had to adjust each pin like 12 times, and I may have lost some seam allowance in the process. Though that might just be the bulges from last post. Fingers crossed, I guess.
Anyway, lesson is: Don't buy crappy patterns from 30 years ago. And give yourself more seam allowance than you'll need.
I just looked and found out I may be immune to normal, safe doses of caffeine. 5 Hour Energy is supposed to have 100mg of caffeine in it, and according to literally one source, the safe dosage per day is 200. Since 5 Hour Energy did nothing at all, doubling the dosage may not help anything.
I might have to try Death Wish or maybe I should try Bio Hazard. Some like their coffee black, I like my coffee deadly.